Burlap Wreaths

How to Make a Burlap Wreath: 

So just like everyone else I've seen all these beautiful, full wreaths on Easy and Pinterest. 


Who else is with me?!

Well this past summer I started making my own wreaths. 

I made this one. 


Then this one this fall. 


And here's the thing. I put this wreath up in September. Then I got super busy and mostly super lazy and didn't change it until this weekend. 

I started decorating my house for spring and kept seeing this fall wreath on my door and with a little help from Hobby Lobby and burlap being 50% off (WIN!) I decided to spring for spring! 

So I thought I would show you how I make my wreaths.

Here is what I got!

 

3 plain burlap rolls
1 yellow burlap roll
1 blue burlap roll
1 wire circle


It's kind of hard to describe how to do it, so if I don't do a good, Pinterest it! That's what I did the first time. 

So I start with the plain burlap rolls. I take one end and tie it in the middle of the wire circle. Then I start weaving the burlap inside and outside of the circle. My trick is to try and cover all the green wire. I do this by going under and over then over and under. 


So I keep doing the plain burlap all the way around the circle until full. I like my wreaths to look full so I push the burlap closer together. If you don't want it to be as full you can also spread the burlap out. 


Once the plain burlap is done, it's time to add the colors! I started with blue first. 

I take the colors and weave them thru the plain burlap to make them blend into the plain burlap. You don't want the colors to take over the plain so try to spread them out. I only use 1 color roll to the 3 plain rolls so it doesn't overwelm the wreath.

 

After the blue I also added yellow for a pop of spring. 


Then I added my favorite bow that Anna brought for me that I transfer between all my wreaths. 

Here is a picture at night:


Then during the day:




So there you go! That's my wreath tutorial. Not very detailed, but very simple! Plus you're have an easy decoration for every season! 

Join me on Thursday for my What's On... Link up. This month we are talking about What's on our walls. Let me see those beautiful decorated walls. 


Happy Tuesday. 

No comments