Pieces of Me: Planner


Today I'm getting back into my series of Pieces of Me and describing another very important part of my life. 

*Read my other Piece of Me posts here.

Maybe because I'm a teacher and have a lot going on, maybe because I hate having things out of order or maybe because I was just born this way, but I am very organized with events and projects in my life. (Don't ask me about if my clothes are organized though because that's a negative)

In order to stay organized, I've used many different types of planners throughout the years. My favorite in college was Lilly Pulitzer. 


I love this one. You can buy it here!

These planners have extra large spaces each day so you can write homework assignments or college activities down to stay on top of both of them. I was very involved and busy in college so this helped me so much. Anyone will tell you I carried mine with me everywhere as well as my set of colorful pens. 



I have used both of these and love them both.





 I still use them today in my planner and while grading. It's just so much better to write in color. Plus I love color coding my planners. Now I have all school stuff in one color, master's work in one color, bills in one color, blog posts in one color, etc. 

Now I use Erin Condren planners religiously. Here are some photos of my planners and the ways I use them. 

This is my second time getting both the life planner and the teachers planner. They have both helped me stay organized in school and at home. 

Here is my life planner. I went with the collage of pictures design because I love seeing my friends and family each time I use it! 


Here is the month view. The boxes are a pretty good size to fit multiple events and add fun stickers. 


This is the horizontal version of the planner. Monday-Thursday on the left, Friday-Sunday and a notes section on the right. 


The back has tons of notes pages. I use them for bucket lists and checklists. 


The planners also come with stickers and a pocket to stuff things in as week as a plastic zip up to put smaller pieces in. I use this for stickers. 



Here is my school planner, the teacher planner edition of the Erin Condren planner. I use this planner every day of school and love it. It has helped me stay organized as a teacher. 


This is the daily planner side and the month layout. I put my subjects on the top then Monday-Friday have a color code across the side. There are 7 slots for different subjects, which is perfect for me. The month layout has a notes page on the back which is helpful during staff meetings and professional developments so all my notes are in one spot. 


In the back is a checklist page that I use for grades. This is where I keep my hard copy for all my grades. Once I put them in the computer I highlight them. This keeps me extra organized. 


The teacher planner also comes with stickers and a pocket to stuff loose papers. 


One of my favorite parts of the teacher planner is the protective sheets in the back. This is where I keep my master schedule, duty schedule, phone numbers, etc. It's super handy to have it all in one spot. 


Like I said before the Erin Condren planners are amazingly oraganized. They keep me focused and on track. I love mine so much I try to find stuff to write in it. You could use your planner for a meals planner, shopping lists, vacations, checklists, etc. They have kept me very organized over the years and with stickers and colorful pens they are extra fun!


Go here to explore their amazing website. Take a look around and get organized! 

Have a great Tuesday!! 


2 comments

  1. I want one now. But not sure what to organize lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one now. But not sure what to organize lol.

    ReplyDelete