Let's Talk

Happy Monday! 

Today I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for their monthly Chit Chat, "Let's Talk"! 

And today is all about school days!! 


As a teacher I love the beginning of school. I've been pinning tons of First Grade things on my board all summer. This year I'm doing a Dr. Seuss theme and can't wait to see how it turns out! 


I want my classroom to look fun like this picture! 

So today I'm going to talk all about my favorite school items that become important in the beginning of the year! I started a page on my blog called First Grade Thinks, where I'm going to share all things first grade this year! 

Now like I've said before, I'm a first grade teacher in North Las Vegas and love it! This is going to be my third year teaching in Vegas and fourth year all together so I'm still very new to my career and love finding new resources anywhere I can. 

My biggest resource? Pinterest! I mean obviously! It's perfect for those summer months of sitting around and wondering what I'm doing this year. 

Here are some of my favorite pins!


I'm doing math interactive journals this year and love this for the inside cover. My kiddos can use these tools all year!


This fits right in with my Dr. Seuss theme and gives them a visual on classroom goals! 


I don't have mailboxes for my kids yet and I think I'm going to be making this! Those are magazine holders from Ikea that come in groups of 5 for under $2.00 then taped together. I figure I will spray paint it after it is all together and be a lot cheaper than buying one!


This is a cute little craft I think I'll make for fun! 

I'll be making more posts on all my Pinterest projects for my classroom and post them on my page called First Grade Thinks! Make sure you check it out!!

One more item before I got is I went to Target (ahhhhh) and found so much for my classroom in the dollar bin. 


All of this for under $30.00!! Amazing! I can't wait to get it in my classroom. Well I can because I love summer, but once it's time I will be very excited!!

Here are the rest of the topics for the year for Let's Talk. Make sure to link up with Andrea and Erika! 


Have a great week everyone!!


No comments