"Things" in First Grade




First Day of First Grade


Yesterday was our first day of school and it was hectic! This is how I felt after school. Ushering around and explaining procedures to 16 first graders is more challenging than teaching them math. Whewwww!

Anyways for the beginning of school I wanted to share details on my classroom this year. 

It is completely decorated after Dr. Seuss and I love it! I had all of these Dr. Seuss books and stuffed animals from Kohls Cares and wanted to do my theme around them...so here we go


My classroom library featuring my Truffula Trees. I wanted to use pool noodles, but twisting these paper are was so much easier and cheaper! 


I love my "things board"! It's where I display pictures of our room throughout the year. 


My vocabulary wall complete with the Cat in the Hat! 

*Funny story... I could not make up my mind where to put this cut out because he is huge! I moved him more than 5 times. 


My desk and calendar area! I changed the position of my desk this year and I love it! 


Front board. I love those pom moms on my white board. Thank you Target dollar bins!


Student work area and anchor charts! 


Hope you love it! Have any suggestions? Let me know!!



No comments