Pieces of Me: Scarves

Happy Tuesday! 

Today I'm writing the first of my Pieces of Me series. Each week, I take a piece of my life and discuss it.  It can be anything from what I wear to, how I clean, to what kind of coffee I buy...it's just an in-depth look at a piece of my life.

Sooooo drum roll please........

My first Piece of Me post is about SCARVES!!

Scarves are a big piece of me and critical part of my wardrobe. People make fun of me because I literally wear them every day. A scarf and a chambray shirt (we'll leave the shirt for another post) are my every day work outfit. 

I like any type of scarf, but my go to is definitely the infinity scarves and my go to place to buy them is Old Navy (just like all my clothes).


This scarf is my all time favorite right now. It's super comfy and soft and who doesn't like cheetah! 

I think the worst part about loving scarves is living in Las Vegas. It's super hot here  and sometimes people look at me because I have a scarf on. However, the scarves I wear aren't for warmth, but for fashion so I just shake it off (thanks T-Swift). 

Just look at this beauty (the scarf, not Nick)

A few other places I shop for scarves at are Zulilly.com and Charming Charlie's. Both have tons of options and are reasonably priced. None of my scarves are above 15 dollars. That would be absurd. I love scarves with fun designs, but a simple pattern is the best because they go with everything. Right now I'm looking for a good plaid one, so if you see one at a good price let me know! 

Now with all these scarves I need somewhere to put them. If I had it my way and space wasn't a problem I would hang them all up and display them, however my closet is already stuffed and Nick may evict me. So instead I found these awesome belt organizers at Ikea that work amazing for scarves. Plus they were only $3.99. Can't beat that! 

My most worn scarves hang up in my laundry room because I literally take them off the line and wear them right away. No time to put them away (plus I HATE putting clothes away).

Scarves in my closet hanging on belt organizer
Clean scarves hanging in laundry room






I always wash my scarves in cold water and NEVER put them in the dryer. I hang them up right away and let them air dry. This keeps them in top shape and super soft. If you learn anything from this post, except for my obsession with scarves, it's that you don't ever put scarves in the dryer.  

Even Dale Jr loves a simple white scarf! 

I love this one. I always try and make the blue on the flowers pop!

Once again cheetah does no wrong. This is a go-to fall scarf. 

This black and white scarf is one of my other top favorites. It just goes with everything!

I say scarves go with every outfit, every season, every day. You can definitely do scarves the wrong way, but if you make it match and it looks good (at least to you), GO FOR IT! Scarves are a fun way to spruce up an outfit and can always make you stand out! If you need any help styling, deciding between two or anything else scarf related, I'm your girl!

So if you ever need to get me a gift and have no
 idea what to get, the safe bet is a scarf! 





As a bonus here is a peak at what I'm reading right now. I love reading self-biographies and you can't go wrong with Sean Lowe. Isn't he dreamy! But really this is a great book. I just picked it up at Target yesterday because it was on sale and I'm already halfway done! 


No comments