Europe Day 3- Amsterdam

Happy Tuesday! 


Today we are going to dive into day 3 of our Europe trip, which was another sightseeing day in Amsterdam. 


We started the day with breakfast in the hotel before hopping on the boat tour one last time to catch a ride to Albert Cuyp Market. The market is an outdoor street market with many vendors and food options. It was a very windy day, but still great weather to walk around in. 



After looking for a few souvenirs, we had to try the famous Amsterdam Stroopwafels. Ya'll they were AMAZING. It's a thin waffle with caramel inside then dipped in chocolate (don't worry Nick I picked some up for you)!!


Then we picked up lunch at an adorable little cafe. Where the owners would sing and dance with their moms while serving everyone cute sandwiches. 



After lunch, we found a Starbucks to go into quickly to escape the wind, grab a hot drink and then buy a "where have you been" cup. I have been collecting these cups since we lived in Vegas. I love grabbing one with each place I go to. 



Then we made the long walk to the Amsterdam Resistance Museum. The museum took you through the World War 2 era and how the Netherlands reacted to the war. 

 

It was very interesting to see what Amsterdam went through and just how many families went into hiding once the German soldiers took over. Obviously, the Frank family is very famous for doing that, but there were so many other families that were hiding in this small city. 

Each dot on the map is 10 Jewish families living in Amsterdam at the time. 


After the museum we started walking back to out hotel to freshen up before dinner. Before we had to grab a quick gelato. I had white chocolate and it was just as amazing as I thought it would be. 


 Around this time the sky was just beautiful. We had to stop several times to take pictures! 



After going back to the hotel to freshen up, we made our way through the city using the trams for the first time to dinner at FoodHolland, which is a huge food hall of all kinds of food to choose from. 


After walking around in a circle and having a hard time choosing what to eat, I went for some Vietnamese rice wraps and spring rolls, which were AMAZING! I haven't had rice wraps since elementary school. 

 

They had so many other options, like Natalie's hot dog with bacon and chips. Yes, potato chips on a hot dog. I tried it and it was pretty amazing! 


And of course we had to try some amazing dessert. Mine was the crumble one and it was delicious. 


After an amazing dinner, we made our way back to the hotel to get ready for the next day to travel to London. 

Well, that's day 3! If you have any questions about what we did or anything else leave a comment below and I'll to answer it the best I can. 

I'll be back tomorrow with a highlight from our travel day to London! I'm literally bouncing up and down on the train right now, because I'm so anxious to get to London. If you know me then you know I'm pretty obsessed with the royal family so London is my dream city. I can't wait to share my reactions to the city with you tomorrow! 


No comments